The first run of the Patchbox OS is super easy. Not only because it has the initial setup wizard which helps you to set things up, but also it has SSH and VNC enabled by default, so the remote control of the Raspberry Pi can be initiated with only one command. Choose the option which suits you best, follow the steps listed below and get it done!
You may give the image a try even if you don't have a Pisound yet - the configuration tool allows for an easy configuration of the audio device. You may use built-in, USB or other audio cards.
- Connect a monitor and a keyboard to your Raspberry Pi
- Power it on and wait for it to boot
- Type in the username and password into the login screen
Note: The default user name is ‘patch’ and its password is 'blokaslabs'
- Connect your computer to the same Network as Raspberry Pi (via an Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi)
- Open a terminal (command) window on your computer
ssh patch@ip_address(use the IP address of your Raspberry Pi)
Note: While going through the setup wizard you will get asked about the
boot environment. If you want to control your Raspberry Pi via VNC, you may want to choose one of the
desktop autologin options. This way Patchbox OS will initiate the graphical interface automatically on system startup. Otherwise, you will have to initiate it manually by running the
startx command, either while connected via SSH or using a keyboard connected directly to the Raspberry Pi.
* Raspberry Pi Zero W and Raspberry Pi 3 (and newer) models only.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot (it is enabled by default) named 'Patchbox', password - 'blokaslabs'
- Open a terminal (command) window on your computer and run
ssh email@example.com start a shell session (if you did connect to other Wi-Fi hotspot, figure out the IP address of your Raspberry Pi and use
Note: You will get asked if you want to connect to a Wi-Fi network during the initial setup wizard, once the connection is attempted, the SSH connection will drop. You may skip this step in order not to lose the connection.
Comments & Questions
For more tips & tricks join our community forums! 👋If you have any questions about the information on this page let us know below! 👇