No Sound Or "Add Device Error" Happens Or UI Won't Open
First of all, check input and output cables, volume and gain level.
Also ensure that all the critical services are running, if one of them failed, the UI won't be accessible. Start fixing from the
jack service errors,
modep-mod-host and finally
modep-mod-ui. Most likely cause of issues is Jack misconfiguration. Use
patchbox utility to reconfigure it, or
Try restarting the MODEP software:
- Login via
sudo systemctl stop modep-mod-ui modep-mod-host jack sudo systemctl start jack modep-mod-host modep-mod-ui
- After the services are restarted, the browser should reload automatically.
- Check status of the services:
sudo systemctl status jack sudo systemctl status modep-mod-host sudo systemctl status modep-mod-ui
- The status should be 'active (running)'. If it's not, try checking the service logs for any errors:
sudo journalctl --unit jack sudo journalctl --unit modep-mod-host sudo journalctl --unit modep-mod-ui
If any of the service is not running, the UI won't open either. Most common problem is Jack misconfiguration. See (Setup)[setup.md#configuring-the-sound-card] for information on how to reconfigure Jack.
- First check if Clip LED on your sound card (if any) is lit up while audio input signal is playing.
- If it is:
- Turn down 'GAIN' knob until the Clip LED no longer gets turned on. If the 'GAIN' is at minimum, turn down the output volume of the device connected to your card’s Audio Input.
- If you still get distorted sound after above is resolved. try experimenting with Jack, in particular the sampling rate, buffer size and period values. Especially if XRUNs are being reported in the UI.
Comments & Questions
For more tips & tricks join our community forums! 👋If you have any questions about the information on this page let us know below! 👇