No Sound Or "Add Device Error" happens¶
First of all, check input and output cables, volume and gain level. If this fails, then try restarting the MODEP software:
- Login via
sudo systemctl stop mod-ui mod-host jack sudo systemctl start jack mod-host mod-ui
- After the services are restarted, the browser should reload automatically.
- Check status of the services:
sudo systemctl status jack sudo systemctl status mod-host sudo systemctl status mod-ui
- The status should be 'active (running)'. If it's not, try checking the service logs for any errors:
sudo journalctl -u jack sudo journalctl -u mod-host sudo journalctl -u mod-ui
- First check if Clip LED on your sound card (if any) is lit up while audio input signal is playing.
- If it is:
- Turn down 'GAIN' knob until the Clip LED no longer gets turned on. If the 'GAIN' is at minimum, turn down the output volume of the device connected to your card’s Audio Input.
- If you still get distorted sound after above is resolved:
- Check XRUNS-Status at the lower right corner of your browser window.
- Try experimenting with jack settings defined in
/usr/lib/systemd/system/jack.service, in particular the -n, -p, -r values. See here for instructions on how to edit it.
Have any questions or suggestions? Let us know!