The much-anticipated Midihub 1.15 update is officially here! New highly customizable MIDI mappings with internal modulation support, new Arpeggiator and Dispatcher algorithms, and a revamped Clock pipe with tap-tempo and nudge functions are only part of the new features we packed in.
We want to give a huge shoutout to our wonderful community for their feedback and ideas that have helped shape this update. Especially to @resonotter, who thoroughly tested every new feature and provided invaluable insights to propel this forward.
So, let’s dive in and discover some of the most notable new features and enhancements waiting for you in this latest release!
Enhanced MIDI Mapping Capabilities
In this update, you can control pipe parameters using MIDI messages generated within the Midihub itself, eliminating the necessity for physical loopbacks. This opens up a realm of intriguing possibilities for internal modifiers and self-modulation techniques. Moreover, the update allows for more detailed and precise manual MIDI mapping, enhancing control and customization.
Clock Pipe Revamped
The clock pipe has received significant enhancements. You can now place it either at the beginning of your pipe chain or in line with other pipes. The update also introduces a mappable Tap Tempo button. Additionally, there are Nudge Up and Nudge Down buttons for adjusting the tempo to sync with external sources more easily.
New Dispatcher and Arpeggiator Algorithms
The Dispatcher pipe got some nice new algorithms, allowing for some new creative uses. To name a few: Random, Ping Pong, and Chord. Arpeggiator has two new algorithms, too – Entirely Up then Down and Entirely Down then Up.
14-bit LFO and S&H Waveform
LFOs can now output 14-bit values and can now use Sample & Hold waveform – either using internal noise for sampling or the incoming CC value (which, among other things, can come from another LFO placed before it).
Note: You can find the full list of new features in the Changelog section down below.
Midihub Flash Sale!
To celebrate the launch of the 1.15 update, we’re offering a flash sale with 14% off Midihub, valid until the end of this weekend – midnight February 11th (GMT+3). Don’t miss this chance to add the Midihub to your setup – visit our store and use the “ENORMOUSUPDATE” code during checkout!
We’re super excited to introduce these new features for the Midihub. We can’t wait to see how you’ll use them to add some MIDI magic to your workflows. Remember, your feedback is like music to our ears, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and ideas as you explore this update. So, install the 1.15 release via the Midihub Editor and dive in!
Blokas Team ❤️
1.14.0 Beta release
- Virtual output pipes can now be used for modified internal MIDI mappings.
- Manual adding and editing of MIDI mappings for pipe parameters.
- The Transform pipe’s output message’s channel handling made more flexible.
- Added ‘dotted’ sync times for LFO, Delay, Note Repeater, Arpeggiator and Fixed Note Length pipes.
- 2 new Arpeggiator algorithms: ‘Entirely Up Then Down’ and ‘Entirely Down Then Up’.
- Chord Grace Period argument added to Dispatcher.
- Sostenuto mode added to Sustain pipe.
- Added ‘Play Root Note?’ and ‘Inversion’ parameters to Harmonizer.
- Midihub can now be named in the Device → Settings menu.
- Added USB Overrides in the Settings menu, meant for Windows OS users with multiple Midihubs.
- Fixed exclusive access to Midihub’s serial port on Linux.
- Copy MIDI mappings along with pipe when dragged and dropped with Alt/Ctrl + Shift.
- Dragging a pipe outside of the main area will not get deleted if Alt or Ctrl is held, allowing the dragging of pipes between Editor instances.
- Added Enable All, Disable All and Inverse options for all of the pipes with many checkboxes in their properties.
- MIDI monitor pane fixes when monitoring single-byte MIDI messages.
- Patchstorage browser performance improved.
- Use mapped MIDI events on Virtual output ports for virtual mapping processing.
- Linear remap/rescale algorithm improved for pipes using ‘In Low’, ‘In High’, ‘Out Low’, ‘Out High’ parameters.
- Fixed Arpeggiator’s Up And Down and Down And Up algorithms skipping the base note when going to another octave.
- Drop mode added for Transform.
- Channel data now available as Value for Byte 1/2.
- Fix for LFO phase.
- 14-bit LFO mode.
- Sample & Hold LFO waveform.
- Algorithms and Surplus Channel parameters added to the Dispatcher pipe.
- Send Default Port Names of USB ports to the USB host.
- Virtual port processing fixes.
1.14.1 Beta release
- Clock pipe can now be placed inline in the modifier position.
- Tap Tempo support added for Clock pipe, as well as Nudge buttons for easier matching with external playback.
- Clock pipe extended with new functions to produce Start, Stop, and Continue messages.
- Fix for monitor pane showing zero timestamp.
- USB Serial communication reliability improvements.
- Fixed button appearance in Properties pane on macOS to appear more similar to the other OSes.
- Qt Wayland support enabled for Linux.
- Fixed Arpeggiator’s Entirely Up then Down and opposite modes when 2 or fewer notes are held.
- Improvements for MIDI Activity LEDs on Midihub for how they react to Transport messages; they should always be in sync with the quarter note beat.
1.14.2 Beta release
- Fixed drag & drop of pipes between multiple Midihub Editor instances.
- macOS: Improvements for the look of buttons in the Properties pane.
- Prevent 1.13.x Editor versions from interacting with 1.14.x Firmware.
1.14.3 Beta release
- Reduced the size of Map/Unmap & Add/Edit buttons in the Properties pane.
1.14.4 Beta release
- Fixed Transform pipes patch up during firmware upgrade.
1.15.0 Public release
- Fixed monitoring events on bypassed pipes.
- Removed the preset number from main window title.
- Fixed drag & drop with mappings between Editor instances on macOS.
- Transform pipe tooltips fixed.
- Added View -> Show Tooltips menu option to enable/disable the pipe tooltips. * New quick link doc page for Midihub Editor.
- Synced LFOs playing at half of expected rate fixed.
- Fixed bypassed BPM pipe in modifier position blocking off events.
- Added ‘Any Id?’ and ‘Id’ parameters to Equalizer pipe.